Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dean's List!

Got an e-mail yesterday saying "Congrats, you're on the School of Nursing's Dean's List..."  I knew I had met the GPA requirements for it, but it's still nice to get the actual e-mail saying so.  Now, the trick is to stay on the list...or, if possible, get myself on the Dean's Scholar list.  I want to graduate with honors again  :-)

In other nursing school news...some classmates are getting together for lunch next week and I'm looking forward to it.  I miss my people!  I know not everyone will be there...one classmate is home in Uruguay for the summer, others are in back in their respective hometowns...but I know 3-4 of us so far are planning on going.

I'm enjoying the stress-free life of summer break, but at the same time, I'm missing the routine of school, being around people my age and with similar interests, and carrying on conversations with people older than 4 and 8.  Someone please remind me of this mention of boredom in about 4-5 months when I have care plans due every week, when I'm cramming a crapload of information into my brain for an exam or trying to learn new skills and get checked off on them for clinicals, and am averaging 2-3 hours of sleep each night.  Because you all know it's going to happen that way!  :-)

Other stuff going on...got the bathroom re-do I mentioned last week just about finished, still keeping up with my exercising/weight loss (was down 6 pounds since Memorial Day weekend...a week of not-so-good-for-me eating and typical hormonal weight gain bumped me up a couple pounds, but I've already dropped one of them), trying to keep kiddos entertained and not bored, and hanging out with friends as schedules allow.  Such a rough life  ;-)  School starts in 8 1/2 weeks!

And before I forget...good luck to those who are preparing to take the NCLEX, and mucho congrats to those who have taken -- and passed -- it!  Very awesome for y'all!


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time off or a adult beverage or two. Must be some nice lakes and outdoor things to do with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Kendra for being on the deans list! You should post some pictures of the remodel so we can see, even if they are just the "after" photos. I'm sick to my stomach about working my first CNA shift tonight on my own. Enjoy the summer that you have so far and enjoy your lunch with your school friends. I can't wait for school to be over with and I'm a nurse.

    ReplyDelete