Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

More good news!

After a phone call just a few minutes ago, I found out I'm getting a good chunk of my nursing school tuition paid for!

The local hospital offers an educational assistance program for nursing students.  They will cover up to $2500 per semester for 4 semesters...and the recipients agree to work for them for 6 months for every semester they pay.  In other words, if I stay qualified for the program, I will get $10K total for my tuition the next 4 semesters and I have to work for them for 2 years post graduation.  Seeing as how I planned to work at the hospital anyway, this was a no brainer.  It's basically free money...and at $10K, that's quite a bit of free money!

That definitely eases some financial concerns for the next 2 years.  Thank you, local hospital!

2 comments:

  1. I applied for a similar program at the hospital in my town, but was told they chose not to offer the program last year because of budget restraints which sucked. I look forward to applying this spring and seeing if I get the awarded money. How wonderful Kendra, what a great piece of news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats, Kendra.
    A few hospitals in my town have similar programs but I have yet to really look into them because my ASN is already paid for. But definately checking them out for the BSN.
    Free monies? Yes please. :-)

    ReplyDelete