Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Externship...4th semester...graduation...

...lots on my mind right now!

Externship: 2 more weeks and my summer externship is over.  It's a little bittersweet...the end of my externship means one step closer to being done with school, but at the same time, I've really enjoyed having a job this summer, earning a little money, learning all kinds of things, and being an important part of the patient care team (as opposed to being just an observing student).  I'm pondering a gift for my preceptor, planning to take some sort of food/goodies on my last night (especially since night shift often misses out on any goodies that are brought in on day shift...grrr).  And I'm planning on getting contact info for a couple of the nurses I've worked with, in the event I need a reference when I start applying for jobs.

4th semester: 2 of my 3 needed books have arrived, the other will be rented closer to the start of the semester.  The 2 I have - cardiac.  Cardiac is really not my strong point, so I'm going to have to do a lot of cardiac review before the semester starts.  I've started reviewing cardiac meds...beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, antiarrhythmics, CCB's...remembering side effects, dosage parameters, contraindications.  Also need to review disorders, although I'm pretty good on CHF, HTN, and CAD.  Probably should review the congenital disorders as well.  We had an excellent cardiac section in Patho and I'll probably dig those notes out for review.  I'm a bit nervous about this class, hoping that I get through it OK.

So this semester I get to apply to graduate in August...and then we have our pictures taken...and our pinning ceremony...  I have a lot to look forward to  :-)

Graduation: December 13th, 7:00 PM eastern time, Freedom Hall, Louisville, Kentucky.  142 days left.  Not that I'm counting down or anything!  ;-)

And on that note, I'm off to be lazy and watch TV.  Nothing like enjoying a night of not working.

1 comment:

  1. Not positive but I think my graduation date is the same as yours or very nearly close to it.

    Good luck to us!!

    ReplyDelete